What’s for dinner: Fresh Veg with red sauce
It's been a while since I've written anything here, but this evening's meal has me inspired to share, due to both it's lip smacking goodness and it's brilliant ease of preparation. Added delight: It's healthy. Yes it's true - I cooked something without bacon. A rare event, indeed. I'm sure you're hungry, so let's get started.The bill of goods:
- 1 qt. jar of your favorite organic red sauce. Mine was roasted garlic & onion.
- 1 handful of fresh baby asparagus. remove the bottom inch & halve.
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves, washed and minced into 1/4" ribbons
- 1 handful of broccoli, chopped into whatever size bits you desire
- 2 small zucchini, halved and chopped lengthwise, about the size of a typical french fry.
- 1 pack of udon or 8 oz of whatever other pasta you prefer
- fresh shredded mozzarella cheese to suit your cheese loving needs
- salt & pepper to your preference