now browsing by author
Mixed vegetables with pork bacon and chicken breast rubbed with Penzey's Bavarian blend
- 1 large chicken breast, deboned and sliced into medallion size chunks
- 5 strips of pork bacon
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 sweet white onion, chopped
- 4 baby bella mushroom caps, chopped
- 1/2 ~6" zuccinni, halved and sliced thin
- 14-18 baby asparagus stalks, cut into 1/3's
- handful of fresh italian parsely
- 2 tbs butter
- black pepper & salt to taste
- Penszey's Bavarian seasoning blend
- 1/2 fresh lemon
The inspiration for this one was "what's in the fridge that I'd better use before it spoils."
I started by adding the bacon strips to a hot pan to fry until crispy.
While the bacon was frying, I sliced the chicken into medallion sized pieces and coated both sides with the Bavarian blend and set aside.
When the bacon was finished, I removed it to a paper plate to cool and left the bacon drippings in the pan as a lubricant, reduced the heat to medium and placed the chicken in to brown on each side while I chopped the vegetables.
Added onions first, then zucchini, peppers, onions and mushrooms. tossed in some more Bavarian and covered to steam for 5 minutes. Gave everything another toss and added the parsley and asparagus. Also chopped and returned the bacon, added coarse ground black pepper, butter and covered again to steam for another 5 minutes.
Served in a bowl with salt to taste. It was a good dinner, although a bit tame in comparison to some of the hot pepper and garlic taste explosions which are my common fare. In retrospect, it could have used a good squeeze of lemon just before serving to give it a little more bite.
If you use one of my recipes or you'd just like to have me cook you dinner, leave a comment below. ;)